About the International Eating Disorders Institute
With our knowledge and wisdom of over 35 years of working with women to treat and prevent eating disorders, we have the advantage of two related disciplines focused together on an important, yet difficult, issue. What better way to do it than together? Eating disorders by nature produce feelings of isolation and shame. We approach the issue with sound research, including our multi-disciplinary tools, practical and proven methods and the valued participation of all. Knowledge is power. No, that is not quite true. Knowledge is power only if you have it, know how to use it well and then put it to use. It is our goal to help and guide you to an empowerment where you and your daughters will not need an eating disorder.
Through compassionate support, targeted information from eating disorder experts, parenting experts, and frank conversation about the real problems and solutions, the International Eating Disorders Institute seeks to to educate and support those with an eating disorder, their parents and family members; and to prevent eating disorders.
We can help you if:
- You have an eating disorder and are feeling overwhelmed with the search for valuable, accurate information – we can provide direction.
- You have an eating disorder and are overcome with guilt – at our Institute is compassionate expertise.
- You are the parent of a daughter with an eating disorder and feeling at a loss because of self-blame – we are about solutions and new approaches.
- You are a parent worried about how much and what your daughter is eating; or want to help your daughter feel good about her body – we can help you gain new perspectives and effective skills.
- You are a woman seeking to raise a daughter with self-confidence, high self-esteem and no need for an eating disorder – we can help enhance and focus your parenting on prevention of eating disorders?
You can make a difference in your own life—and in the lives of your daughters.
The International Eating Disorders Institute is the only community for eating disorder support and education that is founded and run by eating disorder experts in the fields of psychotherapy and nutrition. Our aim is to provide women with information, resources, and practical tools so they don’t need an eating disorder to feel in control of their lives. We believe, and have seen, that life-changing transformation is possible, allowing women and girls to be and feel their very best from the inside out.